Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 10, 2010

golly...

GollyWhatAmIDoing...?
WhatHaveIDone...?

Got myself out of my cosy and well, pretty unchallenging job as English lecturer...and plunge head first into a world so foreign and bewildering and gripping and now there's no turning back! I've always left this world to those who know it best, I would rather curl up with DH Lawrence or even Roald Dahl for my students' classes and yaaawnnn like a well-fed cat on the couch, while waiting for the maid to serve my lunch or that plate of oily jemput-jemput pisang. How simple my life had been, how uncomplicated. Dewy-eyed, languid, composed, lazy...say it, it would fit me perfectly. Find me at Starbucks at 11 a.m. with hot macchiato and that signature donut while taking a breather from shopping for that bit of clothing that I MUST have. My calls would often be unreturned because there I was in Bangkok or Beijing or once or twice, in olde London.

When did my world change? What had metamorphosised me? And most importantly, do I really understand myself now? (gotta pick up ImanImran for a spin in my arms then I'll sit and reflect...)

4 comments:

  1. If I was not invited to this blog, I wouldn't know it's my sister's writing! Honest! Great intro.

    But hey, have I forgotten that this sister is the most brainy in the family? Went to study in England who would later be an English lecturer? No wonder she writes so good...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog gives me a niche to explore my skills and to remember that I CAN write!!! No more insults to my ahem, intellect...but without a `follower' to criticise & comment, there'd be no feedback and therefore no thrill. Thanx for commenting so diligently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes U can Write!
    Auntie u have a very nice writes.
    Beremang bulu roma bace blog auntie :)

    Anyway,
    Teruskan tulisan auntie, pasti ramai yang mengunjungi nanti.

    Loads of Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TQ Diyana...haha, Misty should read your comments about your hair standing on ends!! (Hey Misty, think I don't remember how u like girls with nice HAIRY arms??? LOL!!!)

    ReplyDelete