Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Ventures


















My older posts bespoke of this change in my life, from a complacent educator to a mind-spinning businesslady, and here is the establishment which is my pride and joy, which goes under the unassuming name of `Pusat e-Tuisyen & Siber Johor'. It's creation is totally my own - the concept, the designs and the operation. Of course, the factor that had moved me out of my cosy couch is a story of its own and requires another chapter in this drama of life, but the fact remains and the proof is standing here at Jalan Kebun Teh, Johor Bahru. PeTSJ will soon celebrate its 1st birthday...a year of much learning for me.

Prior to its inception, I registered a company - `MyMotherboard Sdn. Bhd' -the name itself is a story! Anyway, in the first picture you will see that the whole place is glass-walled so that there is nothing that can be hidden from public view. Very transparent. PeTSJ is family-oriented, and it's so cool to see parents coming in with their children as young as a few months old -no kidding!
So with a babe in their arms, mothers would surf the net, fathers would check their e-mails or stock markets, older children their facebooks or youtubes. Businessmen have their own corner I labelled `BizHub', a more comfortable nook with ample space for quiet discussions with a partner. There are 44 PCs running there, and wifi facilities. 2 Streamyx lines so its really fast. The 2nd picture is the front of the shop - lovely parking area right in front so all my bikers just vroom and park.

And a surprise...the first floor of PeTSJ is also mine! It's a small budget studio called `Regal Studio' with facilities for seminars, workshops and even computer courses, will comfortably seat 100 participants. Direct-selling companies have used it for their monthly previews and it's really convenient because after their talks, they will take their refreshments in the cafe (Picture 3), which is in PeTSJ.The world map you see on the wall is a conversation piece...Raoul is an Indian who worked for a telecommunication company and he travels a lot, and would show me places in South America that he had been to. I like to see older men look at the map and tell of their experiences in various parts of the world.The cafe serves very light menu - toasts are all-time favourites and cup noodles are my bestsellers. I sell cold drinks at only RM1 because schoolchildren would come in, count the coins in their hands and ask `What can I buy with a ringgit?' There are tidbits to munch while at the PC.

I will give a sneak into my latest venture: something I will talk about in the next post. An extraordinary concept that is so exciting and challenging that it got me very nervous, actually..Picture 4 looks like a kitchen does it not...but it is not. It is `Regal Tea Room Boutique', and God Willing, will begin its operation after the Eid.
So.
It is for all these that Sleeping Beauty had awakened.











6 comments:

  1. Well done nenek! Sleeping Beauty had already awakened......a kiss from the Prince Charming ya...... Congratulations! Hard work pays well. How I wish I could visit you one day. Your dream came through. Keep it up! I'm very sure with the family behind you to support you, you can go further....brighter future for you......Go go nenek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TQ! nenek can gogogo but must wait and see results for these 3 businesses 1st..Well I can't say that i ever dreamed of being in this field, you know me well, LS..lazy bum that I had always been, preferring to sit and read and sew but now no! 24 hours seemed hrdly enough i'm running here there and everywhere. BUt now the twins are at school, I have more time to run around like a headless chicken. What d'you mean you wished u could visit me? the doors are alwaysalways open (except for closing hours, hehe) for you and it's easier now my being in KT again. We can have coffee at Old Town there, i love the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, just give me a tinkle, I'll be there waiting for you. Many things to catch up ya.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am at LCCT now catching flight to KB, buying more stuffs for the boutique. Celebrating Raya this year in Johor then its full swing into the project. ok we do the catching up after that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Well, I can hardly believe a full-blown English teacher have transformed into a businessperson! You know, I am into business too myself, but on the 'giving advice' part only! Tell people to do this and that, go here go there; that's about all!


    Well, all I can say is, go ahead and share with me, not the profits lah, but any good news! Never disturb a sleeping giant, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like I've got my fingers in every pie...feelin overwhelmed right now. By next week I MUSTMUSTMUST have a soft launch of the TRB (Tea Room Boutique) otherwise the clothes I bought many months ago will be outdated! The reason I literally did NOT celebrate the Eid. Read my latest post...(hve yet to write!)Say...Misty..any way that I can get a bank loan..la-di-da-da... ;)

    ReplyDelete