Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 14, 2010

ChokiChoki





IMRAN & IMAN



Read in the papers today,
about the falling stock market
and the soaring price of gold;
I read about `The Pregnant School'
and kids allowed to be wedded;
the weather in the four corners of the world going haywire,
about a Malay Muslim shooting himself in the head.
A Grandfather raping his 8-year-old grand-daughter,
or the 100-year-old Grandmother with a 38-year-old spouse;
Babies are dumped,
Dogs become heirs to billionaires.
And I wonder what is going on
Adults are so very complicated.

Perhaps -
If I read the newspaper
Upside down,
Then the world will be alright again.
Or give me a stick of choki-choki
and I'm as happy as can be!

2 comments:

  1. Great poem; guess it takes you a couple of minutes only to create this masterpiece! And the twins are so handsome. But I still think Adam was more handsome, just like anak orang putih!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you've seen these two boys in person, they look a lot like Adam esp the mouth, but many people thought they also have Rashid's looks (help!)..oh, definitely Nenek's hair...light! Hmm well, I did take about 3 minutes to write that. TQVM, very flattering.

    ReplyDelete